eco Youth Protection Officer Service
According to § 7 JMStV (the German Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Human Dignity and the Protection of Minors in Broadcasting and in Telemedia, in short the Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Minors), providers of search engines and commercial providers of generally accessible telemedia that contain content that is developmentally-impairing or youth-endangering must appoint a member of staff to be responsible for youth protection. Important information regarding the Youth Protection Officer, such as name and contact details to enable rapid electronic contact, must be easily recognizable, immediately accessible, and constantly available. The Youth Protection Officer must have appropriate specialist qualifications.
The Youth Protection Officer has three functions: The officer provides advice to the provider, is the contact person for users, and is the point of contact for official oversight.
Violations of Para. 7 of the Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Minors are not categorized as petty crime: punishment can entail fines of up to €500,000.
To support you in the implementation of this obligation or in the voluntary appointment of a Youth Protection Officer, eco offers the possibility of appointing an external Youth Protection Officer.
The eco Youth Protection Officer Service offers you:
- A comprehensive consultation on matters relating to youth protection (including examination of the permissibility of your offer with regard to the relevant provisions in the German Criminal Code, the Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Minors, and the Youth Protection Act, a preventative check with regard to a youth-friendly design of offers, examination of reporting paths, checking of the T&Cs, etc.)
- A neutral point of contact between you and your users
- Regular updates on developments and legal changes in the area of youth media protection
- Discounted participation in workshops on issues relating to youth media protection and the handling of complaints of illegal Internet content
- Pricing based on the type of provider (content, hosting, or access provider)
- A seal of quality/logo for your website
- On request, highlighting your company as “Audited for Youth Protection” on our website
- Neutral consultation with external service
- The many years of experience of the eco Complaints Office in the assessment of online offers in the area of youth media protection
- The eco Complaints Office’s many years of participation in an international network
- Minimization of liability risk
- Prevention of official fines and written warnings
- Increase in user trust through effective youth protection
Have you got questions about the eco Youth Protection Officer Service or would you like to take advantage of this offer? Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.