Topics of the Competence Group Email
The Competence Group E-Mail deals with current developments in the area of e-mail. Alongside general topics, the focus is on technical content which is essential for senders and receivers, or which has an influence on their respective daily business. The companies participating in the CG E-Mail generate the majority of e-mail traffic in Germany, as well as in neighboring European states.
In order to operate successfully in this context, the CG E-Mail sees it as their responsibility to establish standards which cover and support all areas concerning the topic E-Mail, to offer seamless processes for the respective business models.
Many mechanisms for the technical implementation of e-mail have already been developed, which have been widely adopted.
Topics dealt with include:
- DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail)
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework)
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance)
- Blacklists and Blacklist Providers
- The Use of Reputation Systems
- The Efficiency of Filter Mechanisms
- (Automated) Reporting
- Assessment of Individual Mechanisms With Regard to Chances of Success
- The Development of Best-Cases for Implementation
- Creation of Joint German Positions
- Preparation for Collaboration in national and international (standardization) committees and bodies
In short: Anything technical around the topic e-mail