Are data centres in Europe ready to meet the climate goals of the EU Green Deal? And what best practices can already be used today to derive the potential of technological development and political recommendations for the data centres of the future?
The answers to these and further questions are provided in the new study “Data Centres in Europe – Opportunities for Sustainable Digitalisation”, published by the Alliance for the Strengthening of Digital Infrastructures in Germany, under the umbrella of eco – Association of the Internet Industry, in cooperation with the Borderstep Institute and with the support of the Vodafone Institute.
In the eco netTALK, which starts on Tuesday, 24 November at 4.00 pm, we will present the key results of the study and will discuss the positive impact and potentials of data centres for more sustainability and digitalisation, together with:
- Marcel Dickow, German Federal Environmental Agency
- Inger Paus, Managing Director, Vodafone Institute
- Daniel Mes, Cabinet of Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans, European Commission
- Dr. Hinrich Thölken, Commissioner for Climate and Energy Foreign Policy and Digital Transformation (German Federal Foreign Office)
- Dr. Béla Waldhauser, Spokesperson of the Alliance for the Strengthening of Digital Infrastructures in Germany
We look forward to your participation – register now!