Dear [xp.Anrede] [xp.Titel] [xp.Nachname],
The global coronavirus pandemic is posing great challenges for many Internet companies. As your partner and a voice that resonates with both politics and the media, eco would like to support you in surmounting these challenges. But the Internet industry is also making a major contribution to overcoming the Corona crisis. eco has set the course for this in recent years. In our Annual Report 2019, which has now been published in both English and German, you will find numerous instances of how we have laid the foundations for the future. Here I’d like to draw attention to just a few of these examples:
A key topic of digital transformation is artificial intelligence (AI). In 2019, it was therefore a major priority for our association to take on this topic as early as possible, in order to actively shape central political and strategic market developments in the field of AI. We accomplished this, for example, with our study “Artificial Intelligence – Its Potential and the Lasting Transformation of the German Economy”, which we published together with Arthur D. Little and the Vodafone Institute in November 2019.
The study forecasts that AI technologies will yield huge market potential for almost all industries. At the eco://kongress 2019, together with high-profile guests, we discussed the opportunities and challenges this will bring. In the evening, the leading minds of the Internet industry met for a festive gala, where the renowned eco://awards were presented for the 18th time.
The past year also made it crystal clear that we as an association must not cease to scrupulously monitor and comment on political processes. For example, when copyright reform was passed in April 2019, this led to massive protests from Internet users worldwide, especially when it came to Article 13. As part of our communication campaign “#EUVoteforDigital19”, we managed to position topics of importance to the Internet industry on the media agenda in the context of the EU election.
Another topic close to my heart and worth mentioning here is our new eco initiative, Ladies in Tech (LiT). The aim of the initiative is to network women in the digital industry, to strengthen their positions in the world of work and within companies, and to campaign for more diversity and equality in the digital and Internet industry.
Discover the many ways in which the eco Association is shaping digitalisation and the Internet. 25 Years eco – 25 years of Internet with Responsibility is the motto of our anniversary this year. Learn how we already had this motto brimming with life in 2019. You can download our complete Annual Report 2019 below. I wish you an exciting read.
- How well is the service or product explained to the customer?
- How easy is it for the customer to complete the purchase process?
- How fast and how well are customers helped when they have problems?
- How stable is your product?
- Are there seals of quality/certificate/audits for your product or service?
RWE SupplyWinner in
& Trading GmbH
Master+: Holistic UPS battery system for the energy market transitionTurn your data center into a partner for the energy market transition with our integrated Master+ UPS battery solution and benefit from the opportunities on the energy markets.
A1 TelekomNominated in
A1 Next Generation DatacenterThe A1 Next Generation Datacenter was built and opened as one of the most modern data centers in Europe in a record time of just 17 months. It provides the basis for further digitalization and the use of 5G services in Austria.
GmbH & Co. KG
Serverhotel Hoch4: secure, reliable, energy-efficient, future-proofWith the infrastructure solution "Serverhotel Hoch4", enterprise customers can use different services, over their own network and over the Internet. The secure, highly available data center environment is characterized by multiple redundant security and supply systems (electricity, air conditioning, access, fire protection) and high energy efficiency.
- Usability/ customer friendliness
- Diverse and out-of-the-ordinary services/package offers
- Clearly defined added-value services
- Flexible rates/contract terms
- Proof of quality (e.g. seals of quality, certification, attestation.)
- Special security features (e.g. data security, backup, etc.)
- Number of users/companies (if there are figures)
- Customer references
- Innovation factor
luckycloudluckycloud is an encrypted cloud hosting platform from Germany – secure, high-performance, and customer-oriented.
Comarch AGNominated in
Comarch Cloud InfraspaceComarch Cloud Infraspace (CCI) is a comprehensive cloud offering combining modern platform, inhouse developed software extensions and a variety of managed services, all from one provider.
GmbH & Co. KG
The new Mittwald Agency ServerThe new agency server offers the optimal CMS and shop hosting for all project requirements: high-performance and unlimited scalability from the lowest tariff up - and all this with time-saving agency tools and CMS-certified customer service. The digital home for all customer projects.
- Can the service/ product be categorized
- Is there proof of quality for the service/product (e.g. seals of quality, certifications, attestation.)
- Is the service/ product distinguished by a particularly effective protection factor (e.g. DDoS capacity, encryption level, detection rates, etc.)
- Process relevance of the service/product
- Number of users/companies
- Customer references
- Innovation factor
Every company faces the challenge of securely storing, managing and sharing data - DRACOON is the market leader in enterprise file sharing in the German-speaking world and gives the world back its sovereignty over its data.
G DATANominated in
DeepRay – new rules in the fight against malware
For decades, malware authors have used special tools to create and distribute countless file variants of the same malicious code. DeepRay uses a neural network to end this cat and mouse game and quickly eliminate threats.
SoSafe GmbHNominated in
Cyber Security Awareness
Through simulated phishing attacks, interactive e-learning and supporting software tools, SoSafe's awareness platform sensitises, trains and tests employees in the handling of IT security.
- Is it a new business model based on domains or TLDs?
- Is it a new service based on domains?
- Is it a remarkable achievement that benefits the entire market?
- Is it an innovative concept for the marketing of domains?
Domain Name Registration Abuse Prevention SystemsA system that identifies, through machine learning, whether a newly registered domain name might be used in an abusive way.
Google RegistryNominated in
HSTS Preloading at the Top LevelHSTS preloading provides that a domain can only be loaded over secure, encrypted connections. Google Registry became the first operator to implement preloading at the top-level meaning that the benefits of encryption apply to any domains registered in its TLDs .app, .dev, and .page.
AutoDNS – The Domain PlatformThe domain management software AutoDNS was transformed into an open and multifunctional platform: In only one interface, 400 registries, registrars, aftermarket providers, and CAs are connected and all domain tasks are united.
Can the service function be categorized?
- Is there any proof of quality for the service (e.g. seal of quality, certification, attestation.)?
- Is the service distinguished through special security features (e.g. DDoS prevention, etc.)?
- Are there any certificates (e.g. Star Audit, Code of Conduct, C5, etc.) which prove that your service is GDPR compliant?
- Is the service notable for the purpose of market exploitation (e.g. numbers of users/customers, increase in revenues, partners/eco system
- Is the service multinational (e.g. localization, language, legal framework, etc.)?
- Can it be connected to other systems/services via interfaces?
- How open is the architecture? Is the service interoperable and portable?
- How process-relevant is the service?
- Are there significant customer references?
oneclick AGWinner in
oneclick™ Platformoneclick™ is the easiest, fastest, and most secure way of connecting users with all corporate applications and data.
NOVUM Cloud Plattform – The Innovation PlattformThe NCP offers a unique security and compliance concept that allows ISVs to offer SaaS offerings for highly regulated industries. Compliance is technically assured: Encryption & Sealing as well as an IT Admin free zone - ISO27001:2013 certified.
Public Cloud - The Alibaba Cloud from Vodafone - West meets EastVodafone Cloud & Security is the first European provider to enrich the public cloud of Alibaba Cloud with additional services and offers these to German customers in an integrated solution.
- Is the description of the innovative character plausible?
- How is the comparison and differentiation to established business models clarified?
- Is there a recognizable relevance for the economy, society or the environment, and is this documented by a neutral third party?
- Is the solution applicable in an international context (e.g. localization, language, legal framework, etc.)
- Does the solution provide a purely digital process, and is it scalable?
- Are there any recognizable advantages in terms of efficiency, performance or reachability?
ClearVAT AGWinner in
Innovation / Digitale
EU VAT Clearing SolutionClearVAT is the first – and, so far, the only - pan-European payment service provider for the legally compliant calculation, collection and collection of VAT in cross-border EU trade.
Innovation / Digitale
Blockchain Ensured Certificates ServiceBlockchain Ensured Certificates enable personal and company certificates to be entered into the blockchain using the blockchain quickly, easily, tamper-proof, transparently and publicly visible to everyone, thus preventing certificate misuse.
Cloud & HeatNominated in
Innovation / Digitale
Raknarok – Software-based energy optimization and CO2 transparency for Data Center FederationsWith Raknarok, Cloud&Heat delivers an intelligent software solution that places computing jobs within a data center network where it makes the most sense to run them, while at the same time determining the carbon footprint of the applications and making it transparent.
Special AwardLadies in Tech
Stefanie Kemp began her professional career in the healthcare industry. About 30 years ago, she started work in information technology. After more than 10 years on the supplier side, she moved to the user side in 2002, where she worked for companies such as HypoVereinsbank and Thomas Cook. In 2006, she became Group Chief Information Officer of the Vorwerk Group.
In 2011 Stefanie Kemp was the winner of the “Global Exchange Award” and “CIO of the Year”. She is currently a member of the Advisory Board of the Digital Economy NRW of the North Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Economic Affairs. Stefanie Kemp joined RWE in 2013, where she undertook a variety of roles, most recently as Head of Digital Domains.
In March 2018, Ms. Kemp took over the newly created position of Group Chief Innovation, Transformation, Digitisation in the Lowell Group.