Blockchain Masters 2018 – the Internet industry’s business and innovation conference on the blockchain trends of today and tomorrow
On 15 February 2018, eco – Association of the Internet Industry and Heise Medien are organizing the Blockchain Masters 2018 in Hamburg. Blockchain experts, IT specialists and business decision-makers are meeting to inform themselves and exchange knowledge about current trends, new strategies, and their experiences, in the extensive specialist conference program.
Call for Papers
Specialists have until 31 September 2017 to submit their ideas for a presentation or a workshop.
The Blockchain Masters will present innovative concepts, projects and ideas – above and beyond the financial and insurance sectors – that support companies in mastering new challenges.
With this Call for Papers, we are seeking speakers with the following focal areas:
- Processes & Logistics: Bitcoin is only the tip of the blockchain iceberg. Where else can we find blockchains in live operation now and in the near future? Do you know the Do’s and Don’ts? Are you a true blockchain master? Share your best practice experience with us!
- Regulation, Compliance & Society: Disruptive technologies scandalize, can’t be pidgeon-holed, don’t follow any fixed rules. What legal and regulatory framework conditions need to be adapted or created? How can blockchain-based business models and processes be operated and offered with legal certainty?
- Blockchain Infrastructure: Nodes, connectivity, processing-power – what is actually needed for the operation of blockchains? How can you find the right blockchain operator, service provider or hardware manufacturer? And how, in turn, can blockchain technology itself help to optimize operations? Control of power grids, allocation of processing power, monitoring of climatic sensors: The possibilities for the use of blockchain technology for the operation of cloud, hosting and housing services are manifold, and you can show us how it works.
- Innovation & Revolution: Under the banner of “Disrupt the Establishment”, we want to see how blockchains will change the world and shape the future. Show us in what ways blockchain technology will bring in the new, replace the old, and transform the supposedly modern.
If you have what you consider to be an important topic that is not listed here, we are also happy to receive your submission.
The presentation should last 25 or 50 minutes. We seek independent field reports and solutions to specific problems; no sales, marketing or product presentations will be accepted. The strategies, advantages and findings from specific campaigns and direct customer communication should be evident.
Workshops should have a duration of 55 or 115 minutes. In these, users have the chance to dive deeper into the topics and get to know the technologies. Pure product demonstrations will not be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is 31 September 2017. Submissions can be made by email to Lars.Steffen@eco.de with the subject line “CFP BCM 2018”.
The following information should be included:
- Contact details of the speaker and the company
- Short profile of the speaker
- Abstract (max. 200 characters) and detailed information on the focus of the contribution (max. 1,000 characters)
- Planned format (presentation/workshop)
- Desired length
- Special technical requirements on location
Note: The official language of the event is German. However, English-language papers and workshops will also happily be accepted.